Have you ever wondered what is the appropriate attire for court? Believe it or not, tanks and cutoffs are not appropriate for court. For those individuals who have never stepped foot in a courtroom before, do know there is such a thing as appropriate court attire.
Actually, per Dallas local rules, there is burden on attorneys to advise their clients on appropriate court attire and procedure. If you don't have an attorney to ask, "what is the proper attire and procedure", try using the following guidelines. Hope it helps!
1) Wear business casual clothing. You don't have to wear a suit but an outfit that is not offensive to the court such as cutoffs and bare midriffs.
2) Turn off your cell phones and pagers. Some court WILL take your device if it goes off during a proceeding.
3) Don't chew gum while talking to the court.
4) Don't eat or drink in the courtroom.
5) Don't make any outbursts or use obscene language. You will be removed from the courtroom.
6) Don't bring your children. This is not the environment children should be in.